People with disabilities
Exemptions and waivers:
The following vehicles can access Area C exempt from payment and waivers for Euro 0 cars with petrol engines and Euro 0, 1, 2, and 3 cars with diesel engines:
- Vehicles with disabled parking permits whose owner is on board;
- Vehicles permanently outfitted with special equipment for the transport of people with motor disabilities (art.203, 1°section, letter h of D.P.R. 495/92).
Vehicles with disabled parking
If you are already in possession of a disabled parking placard and the license plate number of the vehicle prevalently used for your transport has already been communicated to the Municipality of Milan, no further communications are needed until the expiration of the disabled parking placard issued by your municipality of residence.
If the license plate number has never been communicated, you must fill out the appropriate form (Mod A1 Pass Milano or Mod A2 Pass fuori Milano), which can be downloaded at the bottom of this page, and send it with a copy of your identity card and a front/back copy of the placard in one of the following ways:
- by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- by fax at +39.02.884.57056;
- by registered letter with return receipt addressed to Direzione Centrale MTA (Mobilità, Trasporti Ambiente ed Energia - Settore Sportello Unico per la Mobilità- Servizio Parcheggi e Sosta Via Beccaria, 19 -20122 Milano).
It should be noted that said communication shall be considered valid for granting authorization to transit and access exclusively upon receipt of the appropriate forms, fully compiled and signed, in addition to the fully legible and valid personal documents.
The authorization is valid until the expiration of the disabled parking permit.
Should the disabled parking permit not have an expiration date, the municipal administration will issue a permit to access ZTL and BUS AND TAXI LANES valid for five years from the date of issue.
For occasional transit, before entering Area C it is necessary to request that your license plate number be added to the list of authorized license plates. This can be done by filling out the form Mod. B Inserimento transito occasionale, which can be downloaded at the bottom of this page, and sending it via fax (+39.02.88457056) along with a copy of your identity card and a front/back copy of the placard.
The authorization is valid for a maximum of 3 days from the date and time of initial entry.
Permanent and temporary license plate changes
In case of a permanent change of automobile, you must communicate the new license plate number to the Municipality of Milan by filling out the appropriate form, which can be downloaded at the bottom of the page (Mod. S Pass Milano or Mod. A2 Pass fuori Milano).
In case of a temporary change of license plate, you must communicate the new number before Area C in one of the two following:
- Through the online service available at this link Pass persone con disabilità:gestione targhe temporanee;
- by telephoning 02.02.02, active 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For both cases, you will need the PIN for the parking permit.
The temporary license plate change is valid for up to 3 days; after which, the authorization reverts to the original license plate.
Should you lose the PIN for the parking permit, you may request a duplicate from Servizio Parcheggi e Sosta, Settore Sportello Unico per la Mobilità (all necessary info can be found at the following webpage Contrassegno per la sosta e la circolazione delle persone con disabilità).
Vehicles outfitted with permanent special equipment
All those who have already communicated the license plate number to the Municipality of Milan are already registered, and do not need to many any further communications.
Vehicles for special transport outfitted with permanent special equipment for the transport of people with motor disabilities (art. 203, lett. H, co. 1 of Reg. 495/20) may request exemptions and waivers for Area C access by submitting the following documents:
- A notice issued on stamp-free paper by their legal representative indicating the license plate of the vehicles;
- The vehicle registration certificate;
- A photo of the vehicle, if the type of vehicle cannot be ascertained from its registration;
- A copy of the delivery report for rental vehicles.
The documentation can be sent as follows:
- by email to mta.ufficioAreaC@comune.milano.it;
- by fax to +39.02.884.43333;
- to the Area C office at Via Beccaria 19 (hours: 8.45 a.m.-12.00 a.m. and 2 p.m.-3.30 p.m.).